The Charles B. Wang Community Health Center condemns the violence and hateful rhetoric directed against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI). We encourage respect for all people of every race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, and ability.
What is a Hate Crime?
Hate Crime is crime that is committed along with biased language. Criminal acts include, but are not limited to:
- Physical assaults
- Verbal threats without contact
- Property Damage
How Do I Report An Incident?
If you or someone are in danger, please call 911 immediately. Language assistance is available.
If you have been a victim or a witness of a hate crime, we urge you to report the incident(s) as soon as possible. You can report a crime and receive assistance regardless of your immigration history.
Other Places to Report an Incident
How Do I Try to Stay Safe?
- Be alert to your surroundings and aware of the people around you.
- Be aware of locations and circumstances that might make you vulnerable as a target.
- Trust your instinct. If it doesn’t look or feel right, it might not be.
- Give the impression that you are calm, confident, and focused.